GitHub puppet-vault_lookup
13
13
11

Metadata Valid
No translation
Correct Puppet Version Range
Supported Puppet version range is %{PUPPET_VERSION_RANGE}
With Puppet Version Range
Puppet version range is present in requirements in metadata.json
With Operatingsystem Support
No translation
Supports Only Current Centos
No translation
Supports Latest Centos
No translation
Supports Only Current Debian
No translation
Supports Latest Debian
No translation
Supports Only Current Ubuntu
No translation
Supports Latest Ubuntu
No translation
Supports Only Current Fedora
No translation
Supports Latest Fedora
No translation
In Modulesync Repo
No translation
In Plumbing
Is in plumbing
Has Secrets
Has a .sync.yml file
Synced
Has a .msync.yml file
Latest Modulesync
No translation
Has Modulesync
Is present in voxpupuli/modulesync_config/managed_modules.yml
Released
Is in modulesync_config and in forge releases.
Reference Dot Md
The repository has a REFERENCE.md. It needs to be generated / puppet-strings documentation is missing.

Open Pull Requests

removing use of deprecated call
tests-fail

this call created more issues then it is obvoius, maybe this is why it was made deprecated.
it reuses default ssl validator from Puppet.
this validator magically not working with anything but puppet master or server which uses puppet CA cert.
I simply created required SSLContext because in puppet docs I could not find how to create it easier.
Idealy it should be cached between invocation of functions, however I could not find a way how to do it.

<!--
Thank you for contributing to this project!

-->

Pull Request (PR) description

<!--
Replace this comment with a description of your pull request.
-->

This Pull Request (PR) fixes the following issues

<!--
Replace this comment with the list of issues or n/a.
Use format:
Fixes #123
Fixes #124
-->

modulesync 2.9.0 and drop puppet 4
backwards-incompatible

modulesync 2.3.1

Add local mode and remove deprecated http_instance call

<!--
Thank you for contributing to this project!

-->

This Pull Request (PR) fixes the following issues

<!--
Fixes #7
-->

Allow the user to prevent the lookup from raising an exception

If a lookup function raises an exception, the whole catalog compilation will fail. This PR adds the ability to configure the lookup to not raise and instead simply log and return nil if it encounters an error, so that the users can structure their manifests to only conditionally depend on the result of the lookup.

We're not sure if this is useful or not, and are looking for use cases and feedback on the approach.

Fixes #13

Add lookup_key function to get at a specific key value
needs-docs
needs-tests

<!--
Thank you for contributing to this project!

-->

Pull Request (PR) description

After trying this module out -- I found I could not use it in actual "useful" way yet. I have a path ssl/test which has two keys under it -- cert and key. When I retrieve that, I am unable to get at the either of the subkeys in any way I could figure out. If I am just missing it, please let me know how. =) But I couldn't, for example, do $d['cert'] or any form of that that I could discover. Puppet rejected it as "this is not a hash, it is an object". I saw a few semi weird "double deferred" solutions but they weren't quite working either. I whipped up what is basically a copy of the lookup function but that accepts a key argument. It is working great in my setup so far.

Please note I do not want you to merge/accept this as is -- I would like a chance to clean it up, add some tests, etc before it is potentially merged.

I don't really like doubling up on the functions within the Puppet function definition -- in fact at first I tried to do a quick lookup_key that actually called lookup, unwrapped the return, pulled the key, rewrapped that, and returned it. However I was in a bit of a hurry and did it this way for the moment.

Good? Bad? Meh? Seemed like a quick way to get at what I needed. =) If you like the idea but have some suggestions on how to improve it please send them my way. I've also left it open to maintainer edits so have at it. (I'm using master in production currently)

This Pull Request (PR) fixes the following issues

n/a

WIP: RFC: Support looking up with a key

Possible alternative to https://github.com/voxpupuli/puppet-vault_lookup/pull/21

This solution uses a second dispatch instead of having either an almost
entirely duplicated function or introducing a 2nd optional parameter.

UNTESTED!!

Remove use of deprecated http_instance method, SSL verification parameterized
tests-fail

Pull Request (PR) description

This PR removes the use of the deprecated http_instance method and replaces it with the suggested connection method instead.

Using the new connection interface, it's possible to specify an SSL context, and therefore whether or not to verify SSL connections. I've implemented this as an optional parameter that defaults to true (ie: the default behaviour should remain unchanged).

By parameterizing SSL verification, it's possible to connect to established Vault instances over HTTPS, that are outside of the PKI chain established by the Puppet server. Given that the plugin currently allows the option of HTTP connections, it doesn't seem less secure to also optionally disable SSL verification.

I'm not very familiar with Ruby development, so I've not modified any of the existing tests, but if there aren't any objections to this new approach, I'm happy to try and write tests covering the new functionality, and reflecting the change in Puppet API interface use. Anecdotally, I have tested this with my own Vault (1.1.0) server and Puppet setup (6.4.0) and it works under normal use.

This Pull Request (PR) fixes the following issues

n/a